In this article we are going to look at some of the game options you have. This should help you decide what video poker games you should stick with and what you need to learn, so you get some winnings rather than losing.
- Play any video poker game that allows for jacks or better to win even money. A pair of jacks is the lowest hand you can have on video poker and win. Some games will ask for two pair or a three of a kind as the lowest hand to win on. To get a pair in poker you have the odds of 42 percent. This is narrowed down by the type of pair that you must get, but those are better odds then ever getting a three of a kind in poker, no matter the game.
- If you have a winning hand you should never break it up for the potential of something better. For example if you have two aces, king, queen, and five you need to keep the two aces and replace the other three cards. Yes, you have three cards in this example that make a royal flush, but the chance of getting the two cards you need for that hand are in favor of the house. This means you are better off with the even money than none at all.
- Check the pay tables you are playing by for the video poker machine. The better the payout the better the machine. Most of the video poker machines are standard, but you might find some payout bonuses for certain hands like the Bonus Deuces Wild or Double Bonus video poker.
- There are 78 video poker machines. Learn one or two and play those. You shouldn't bounce around between video poker games because you might get confused and lose out.
- The cards will tell you what you should do during the play. Don't listen to advice from the past or advice on how to play regular poker. You can't bluff in this game and you can't make something materialize that isn't there.
In video poker you are required to give the machine your bet before you get any cards. Then there will be five cards dealt out. You can then select the cards you want to keep. Remember, keep the cards based on the poker hands that you can get money for. Anytime you have a sure hand don't mess it up. You can try for something better, like if you have a pair of jacks you could try for the three or four of a kind. You can even get a full house if you trade out three of the cards, but the thing is you still have a winning hand no matter what happens. It is very important to know the game you are playing as well so you are comfortable. The progressive jackpot machines offer more fun and they don't cost any more to try for it.
You must be signed-in to add a comment: - Sign-in - Register