Before we begin to teach you a few tips on how to play Caribbean stud poker, let's take a look at what the game is. In Caribbean stud poker you are playing against the house rather than the other players at the table. This means the house is going to have more of an edge over you than normal poker games. It also means that most of the poker strategies you may have learned or know about are not going to work when you play Caribbean stud. So then how do you play the game for success?
There are some very important things you should keep in mind when you play Caribbean stud poker that should help you win more often than you would otherwise. These options are below.
- You can only play one hand per round.
- There is a progressive jackpot option for some casinos and online machines. You will want to play the progressive side bet only when there is more than 100,000 dollars in the pot to make the bet worthwhile.
- If there are other players at the table you are not allowed to talk with them. They can't help you determine if you will win against the house. Often a table can seat up to five players with one dealer.
- If you are dealt an incorrect number of hands during the deal that is considered a push, so you don't lose your bet, but you are out of the round.
- In Caribbean stud you are dealt five cards on the deal with no possibility to substitute. It is stud not draw, which means you get what you get and you need to make the best hand out of the five.
- The dealer must have one up card on that table. Depending on this up card you will need to decide your course of action.
In Caribbean stud the up card that the dealer is showing is moderately important. This is the card that will tell you what their hand may or may not be like. In other words if the up card is a king then you can be sure that they have a pretty high card, but that could be the only thing going for that hand. In other words some players just concentrate on the dealer up card as to whether they will fold or stay in the game. It shouldn't just be based on this option.
You need to pay attention to the card, but it is more important to be aware of the hand you have. In Caribbean stud you can have a pair in order to make the winning bet. It just depends on the pair or other hand the dealer will have. I always believe if you have a pair you should keep playing no matter what tee up card is.
In Caribbean stud if the dealer doesn't have a king or ace in their hand the game is going to be void anyway.
You must be signed-in to add a comment: - Sign-in - Register