- A standard deck of 52 cards is used and shuffled after each round of play.
- Deuces are wild and can be used to complete any winning hand combination (with the exception of the Natural Royal Flush).
- After making the bet, the player clicks "Deal," which commences play. The player receives five cards, after which a decision is made as to which of the cards to hold. Cards are drawn to fill out the hand and then the determination of winning hands is made.
- The payout table lists all the payouts, and that is front and center on the interface.
- Upon winning a hand, the player gets the opportunity to double the amount of that win. This is done by choosing the "Doubling" option. There are five cards laid out on the screen, representing one face-up card for the dealer and four face-down cards for the player. The player then chooses one card, and if it is of a higher value than that of the dealer, the win is doubled.
Deuces Wild Video Poker starts paying out at Three of a Kind (5 coins based on a five-coin bet). The additional winning combinations and payouts, all based on the maximum five-coin denominations, go like this: Straights and Flushes pay ten coins, A Full House pays 15, and so on - Four of a Kind (20), Straight Flush (65), Five of a Kind (80).
Five of a Kind, obviously is achieved with the help of one of more deuces functioning as wild cards. So is the Deuces Royal Flush, which is 125 coins. Four Deuces is 1000 coins, and of course, the highest payout is 4000 coins for the Natural Royal Flush - "natural" meaning that it is done the traditional way, without the help of any wild cards.
The top payout is 4000 coins, with the next highest at 1000, meaning there is quite a dropoff in value from one to the next.